About Me

I'm fascinated by the diversity of people, places and things to experience throughout the world. I won't get to it all, but I'll try a few new things and have some great stories for the other side when my time here is done.

My Blog List

#1: Lose 23 pounds in 8 weeks


This is something I've casually tried a few times.  However, I thought it would be interesting to see the contrast this time of approaching it as a fun experiment, while sharing my experience along the way, rather than the traditional frustration and guilt that can accompany the ups and downs of dieting and exercise. 

I've gotten as close as 210 lbs in recent years, but never to that 200 lb mark.  To put this in perspective, I haven't been below 200 lbs since I was 16 yrs old, although it's mostly been due to muscle mass in the past.  However, times have changed and this 23 lbs of FAT has got to go!  

My current weight is 223 lbs, so to make it to 200 lbs by April 17th I'll need to lose just under 3 lbs per week.  This is definitely a challenge, to say the least, but the whole purpose of this blog is to push myself and try new things, many of which I hadn't thought possible in the past!  It's not so much about always meeting each goal perfectly, but about experiencing something new and interesting...and this should be an interesting one!


P.S. This first experience is a prerequisite for my next 2 "things I've never tried," so keep watching to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment